Today, I am pausing to reflect on my writing journey. Perhaps it is the teacher in me that wants to share these thoughts. I am definitely a “rookie” when it comes to writing, but I feel energized each day with my writing, which never seems to be a chore.
These points are written in no particular order. Just call them ramblings of a curious writer, who is enjoying his retirement while finding a new passion to fill some of his time.
- Find a way to discover your inspiration to write. For me, my morning walks seem to create a whirl of new ideas and interesting thoughts.
- Establish a habit of writing frequently. Many accomplished writers have said this in what I have read. From my days of teaching fundamentals as a basketball coach, I understand and appreciate the use of repetition, repetition, repetition. Now translated into write, write, write.
- Don’t worry about perfection. Your first draft is an excellent beginning, but you should never fuss about what an initial start looks like.
- Appreciate any feedback that you receive about your writing. Draw encouragement from others who may follow, comment, or like your creation.
- Perhaps this point should be at the top of the list. Enjoy what you do. Have FUN!!