As my writing and blogging progresses into the middle of its fifth month, I am pausing to reflect on my progress. I am a writer first, a blogger second. Without my writing, my blog would be an empty page. I have enjoyed my writing journey since starting in October, and it has been a very worthwhile experience.
- I read other blogs as well, and many provide inspiration and motivation to continue posting my writing to this blog. It is exciting to share ideas and thoughts—especially with other writers.
- I am my own creator as I write. My boundaries are set by the helping hand of what lies deep inside of my soul, and God brings many topics to my attention. It is amazing to see what ideas are harvested into my writing–especially my poetry.
- It is rewarding to receive input on my writing. Perhaps this is one of the most positive roles of my blog. A follow, like, or a comment reminds me that others are feeling connected in some way with what I write. But, if a post receives little feedback, I still feel at peace because I remind myself that I first write for me.
- It is important for me to reply in some way to comments sent to me. If someone takes the time to write me a short message, I need to be respectful and write back in due time.
- I have enjoyed reading devotionals from other Christians. We share a common bond formed around the Word found in scripture. One of my goals for 2019 is to increase my faith walk with Christ, and many writers have expanded my understanding and appreciation of God’s message.
- I am not a social media junkie. I do not have an account linked to Facebook, Instagram, or any others. For some, this is a comfortable place for them to be. I just feel that my writing, maintaining my blog, and dealing with the rest of my life is truly enough for me.