This informative post will be posted on Saturday along with my usual writing. You are invited to participate with the opening question.
Brain Teaser Question
You are competing in a linear race and you overtake the last runner. In which position are you now?
(B) Second to last
(C) Third to last
(D) Cannot be determined unless the number of runners is known
(E) Cannot be determined because this is an ambiguous question
(answer found at the end of this post)
The American state of Idaho was admitted to the Union on July 3, 1890. Its unique panhandle shape is easy to find on a map. It resembles a logger’s boot, which reflects upon the state’s mountainous and forested terrain, which are home to the mining and lumber industries.
- One of its most famous natural landmarks is Hells Canyon. The Snake River flows through this nearly bottomless gorge, which is deeper than the Grand Canyon.
Here are a few more interesting facts about Idaho:
- Nicknamed the “Gem State”
- Largest city is Boise with population of 235,684 (2020 census)
- Official Motto is “Esto Perpetua” (It is Forever)
- Automobile license plates are identified with “Famous Potatoes” tagline
On September 8, 1974, Montana native and motorcycle daredevil Robert “Evil” Knievel attempted to ride his “rocket cycle” over the Snake River Canyon, which is located near the city of Twin Falls. His craft resembled more rocket than motorcycle, but he was unsuccessful in his ride. At least, he survived with just minor injuries.
Answer to Brain Teaser Question
How can you overtake the person who is last?